To ALL Residents of Priddis Greens and Hawk's Landing 18 January 2018
Subject: The AGM for the Meota Gas Cooperative Association Ltd. is scheduled for Monday, March 26th, 2018 and the Coop will be seeking to fill some Director vacancies.
One of the vacancies will be mine. I have served on the Meota Gas Board for some 23 years and I have given notice that I would prefer not to serve beyond the 2017-2018 commitment. Part of the Board's strategy over the years has been to seek a geographic representation and, lately, I have been the sole director representing the large communities of Priddis Greens and Hawk's Landing.
Accordingly, I am asking for expressions of interest from residents of Hawk's Landing and Priddis Greens to serve on the Meota Gas Coop Board. The commitment is to a 3-year term and the workload is not onerous:
- Board Meetings are scheduled almost monthly (usually less);
- Directors are encouraged to serve on one or more Board Committees that best match their knowledge & skills;
- New Directors are encouraged to participate in an excellent program on best practices in governance;
- Directors are encouraged to attend the Gas Federation Annual Meeting (December) and 2 Regional meetings - Spring & Fall.
While serving on the Board is a volunteer commitment, the Meota Coop does pay an honorarium for all meetings attended by the Director.
Of value to the Coop would be people with knowledge, experience and skills in the following areas:
- Financial (familiarity with P&L and Balance Sheets)
- Strategic Planning
- Natural gas production & distribution
- Health & safety regulations & best practice
- Human resources
The Meota Gas Coop is the sole distributor of natural gas to an expanse of rural communities that include Priddis Greens and Hawk's Landing. Over the many decades since its inception in 1962, the Coop has been successful in providing this service at a lower cost than that of our neighbouring distribution carrier (ATCO) and this reflects the able participation of Directors from the local community.
If you find this opportunity of interest, please respond to me ... Fred Robinson
Please include a recent resume and specific areas of interest that you would see offering most value to the Meota Gas Coop Board.
Look forward to an early response (the AGM in March is coming up quickly).
My best regards to all,
Director and Chair of the Finance Committee
Meota Gas Cooperative Association Ltd.